History and Structure
Chartered in 1968 by the Laborers International Union of North America (LIUNA), LIUNA Minnesota & North Dakota, a.k.a. Laborers District Council, is based in Saint Paul and led by President & Business Manager Tim Mackey.
The District Council is responsible for:
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements for affiliated Local Unions
- Fostering harmony and united action between affiliated Local Unions
- Coordinating and supporting the programs of Local Unions
- Promoting unity of action in dealing with employers
- Organizing the unorganized
The District Council is governed by an Executive Board and Delegate Assembly and serves the members, families and retirees of five Local Unions in Minnesota & North Dakota: Local 563 (Twin Cities Metro, Mankato, Saint Cloud & North Dakota); Local 405 (Rochester, Red Wing, Winona & Austin); Local 1091 (Duluth); Local 1097 (Virginia); and Local 363 (City of Minneapolis & Saint Paul public employees).
By the numbers